Student visa

Every student accepted to do a mobility period will receive an official Acceptance Letter. This letter will be needed to obtain a student visa in the Portuguese Consulate of his area of residence. Any student coming from a country outside the EU can only register at the U.Porto if, before departing, has obtained the Student Visa.

The Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration and Borders Service (SEF) consider that a student who doesn’t have the Study Visa is in an irregular situation and is entrance in the country may be prohibited. IWhenever arrival control is not carried out in Portugal, for instance, when students don’t enter directly into Portugal, because the flight stopped in another European country, they must present themselves at SEF, within 3 working days after their arrival, to register their entrance in the country (Declaration of Entrance).

For more information, please visit SEF – Immigration and Borders Service